May 14, 2013

Martes

This morning was fun.  For about 2 hours I took the teachers through the grammar methodology and taught them as missionaries and had them practice as teachers.  They did a great job.  I think they are a little nervous to do the 6 week program, but I know they will be great.  The north americans fly in tonight and will start their training tomorrow.  This morning we also trained on being a progressing investigator in Spanish to missionaries who don't know much Spanish.  I can't wait for these missionaries to get here.  They will be awesome and have some fantastic training.  This afternoon Shawn, Lane, Isaac, and I went out to Benemerito.  What a beautiful campus!!!  It's huge (about 93 acres I think).  What a blessing to have this as an MTC.  I'm excited to see it grow.  We will move up to that campus at the end of June.  Sister Pratt made homemade chicken noodle soup and fresh bread for dinner and it was delicious.  The rainy season has begun and it was a down pour tonight.  Sister Pratt says that everything will be getting really green soon from the rain and will be that way all summer.  President Pratt told us an incredible story of 2 missionaries who were kidnapped in Posadas (my first area of the mission) back in 1976 and how he had to go get them.  Maybe some other time I'll put the details on here.  On the way back to the apartments we ran into some of the new missionaries who had just flown in.  I'm excited to see them tomorrow to see what they think about being at the Mexico MTC.  I'll be doing the first day welcome with one of the districts so that 5 of the teachers can watch me do it while Shawn takes the other district.  Ready or not, here we go.
Here's the google map view of Benemerito

No comments: