May 18, 2013

La Garganta

Mike, how are you so good at predicting the future? 

My brother Mike served his mission in Mexico City, and before I left he said after about a week here I would come down with a soar throat and cold-like symptoms because of the pollution.  Sure enough, Thursday night my throat was killing me.  Yesterday I had pretty much lost my voice and today I can barely talk.  I feel pretty good though, just sound horrible. Everyone here is trying to take care of me though.  It was funny because I told one of the supervisors I hadn´t slept well because my throat hurt, and then within an hour Nancy came to see how I was feeling, then Hermano Hernandez, then Sister Pratt called.  Hermano Hernandez said they are all taking responsibility for me like I am their daughter/sister.  I feel very loved.

One of the teachers got married yesterday, so I went with all the other teachers last night to the boda at a chapel not too far away.  Weddings here are so much more fun than in the states.  We pretty much just latin danced until 3 in the morning.  So fun!

1 comment:

Michael Vogeler said...

At least you weren't caught by surprise!...not that you could have prevented it.

Ahh yes,I'm glad you got to experience a boda and dance your heart out until 3am...those were some good times...I mean (cough cough) those "would've been" some good times.... :P