November 25, 2012

Wonderful Sunday


Church was so fun today.  We went to Jinja to attend the branch there.  We caught a taxi-van and rode up along with a man named Charles and two of his kids.  He was baptized back in 1993, just a year after the church had come to Uganda so he is a pioneer here.  He is so faithful.  Some weeks they can't afford the taxi ride to church, but most weeks he can get there.  The great, exciting news is that next Sunday they will be organizing a branch here in Lugazi.  What a blessing for Charles and the town.  

Melissa is in the primary and today was the primary program.  It was so great.  I love that no matter where you are in the world, the church is the same.  The kids were so cute and were typical primary kids.   During the last hour I went to young women's so I could deliver some letters from the beehives in my ward.  It was so fun for the girls to receive the letters, see their pictures, and try some candy. They wrote letters back and sang a song for them.  I can't wait to show the girls.   

Tonight Melissa's Ugandan brothers Davis and Useph ate dinner with us (they are 16 and the sweetest boys ever), along with her Pakistani neighbor Yasir.  It was hilarious.  We were all joking around and having a great time.  I've met such wonderful people here.  I can see why Melissa came for a month and ended up staying 8.  

No comments: