November 23, 2012

I've gone to Uganda

I'm sitting in LAX waiting to go to Uganda via Amsterdam.  2 long flights ahead of me? Yes.  Worth it? Most definitely.  A couple weeks ago I decided to visit my old roommate Melissa who has been in Uganda for the last 8 months.  in 2009, she and a couple other girls started Musana Jewelry (click HERE to see). Not only has Musana been a great way to provide an income for these amazing women, but Melissa is committed to helping them change their lives.  Part of their employment includes classes on things from budgeting to health.  Melissa has a masters in public health and is in the process of writing a health curriculum that can be continued when she is gone. I'm going to do some nutritional assessments and help write that part. Of course we have some adventures planned as well.  I'll try to keep this blog updated while I'm gone.
 

2 comments:

Marianne said...

You are one incredible woman Kirsti! Have fun!

Melissa said...

Come on over, lady! We are ready to receive you!! Can't WAIT!!! (as shown by the growing number of exclamation marks in each succeeding sentence- lots of excitement ;)