March 27, 2011

Rousier

I'm not sure what time I woke up this morning. The sun wasn't up yet but the roosters sure were as well as all the other birds and dogs. I think it may have been around 4:30. I'll try to get the sounds on my camera. We went to church at the building at Petion Ville like we always do. There are 3 wards that meet there and they are full! There was barely enough room in all the meetings and classes. I love seeing so many faithful saints. I can't understand anything they are saying but you can definitely feel their love. Rousier is a new member of 3 months and he is amazing. He speaks English pretty well. He said when he was younger he got lost from his parents (I'm not sure if that means he actually was lost or if he was abandoned) and some US military found him and took him to the base. So he was raised around a lot of English speakers. He's 26 now and he said he had been praying for a while to find a church. One afternoon he woke up from a nap and felt like God was telling him to go outside. So he did and there were 2 missionaries. He was baptized 3 weeks later.

No comments: