March 30, 2011

Bath Time


Today Emily, Jordan, Miriam, and I went out the warehouse at Medishare hospital to help organize. I can't remember the last time I've been as dirty as I was today. There were about 15 Hatians working so we all teamed up and moved dirty boxes all over. There was rat poop everywhere and cockroaches. My hands and arms were black by the end of the day. We had a lot of fun though. A few of the workers spoke some English so that was fun to be able to talk to them. We took a break for a minute and a few of them danced for us. Madness (yes, that is his actual name) did quite the booty dance. He also has a brother named Fitness. I don't think they know what their names mean in English. The power has been out at the guest house for most of the afternoon. We also ran out of water to our bathroom on the 3rd floor last night and this morning, but it really wasn't that important that we were clean before going to the warehouse. Luckily the tank got refilled so we could shower when we got home. Tomorrow I'll be going out to another outreach clinic. They were going to announce the election results tomorrow night but it's been postponed until Monday. Something about false ballots I think. It's probably better though for us because from what our interpreters have told us, most of the people want the pop star guy to win, so if the former first lady wins they will all think that a scandal happened and there will be rioting.

No comments: