December 30, 2012

A plea from my little brothers in Africa

Davis and Yoseph are two of the sweetest 16 year olds I have every met.  They live in the same little compound that Melissa does in Lugazi (there are 4 small homes) and they always make sure she is taken care of.  We spent some fun times together letting them try American foods (crepes with Nutella, kit-kats, etc).  Davis is a pro at cutting pineapple and they would always offer to do the dishes.  On the last night I was there, Davis looked at the floor, asked us when the last time we had mopped it was, and said he would be by the next day to do it.  What 16 year old does that?  Seriously, they are two of the sweetest boys I've ever met.  Davis is also very musically talented.  He would often sing for us (many of the songs he wrote himself).  They both could not believe that neither of us were married, and decided they needed to make a video for each of us (original song included) to help us out.  So here's mine.  It's all I could do to keep from laughing as they did this. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Lizzie Jones said...

This is the best/ nicest/ funniest/ sweetest thing I have ever watched with my own eyes.

Melissa said...

Yessssssss- this is all true! I endorse this message fully ;)