May 16, 2009

Vigelandsparken and randomness

This was the view from my window this morning..................at 5:30. Yep, 5:30. The sun came up around 4:30 I think and then woke me up. The sun "goes down" around 10:00 pm but it didn't get completely dark until midnight. I think I like having so much light, even though I am so very tired.

My brother and I went running this morning at Vigelandsparken park. When went back later as a family to check out all the sculptures. I guess many years ago the city of Olso contracted a famous sculptor to fill the new park with statues. He said he would on the condition that no one could see his work until he was finished. They agreed. On the day of the unveiling the city was SHOCKED to find out that all the scultptures are NUDE! Haha. It was a very concervative time and he was a very forward thinker. It caused a lot of controversy, but no one cares anymore.
"The Little Bad Angry Boy"
The other little bad angry boy

And this little kid made my day. Who knew you could ride a razor scooter before you could walk?!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh Kirsti... Norway looks gorgeous. Have so much fun with your family!

Sarah said...

Beautiful!!! I am jealous! Keep the posts coming!