May 21, 2009

Garmin

I'm a little behind. Sorry. On Monday we looked around the city a little more and then headed out to the country to Cousin Frank's. Garmin has become the eigth member of our family on this trip. He/she (that's still under debate) is the GPS we've been using to get us around. So far Garmin has gotten us lost more than anything. She does speak many lnaguages which is fun, but it took us 2 and a half hours to get to Frank's when it should have only taken an hour. We ended up on some country road that was not made for the van we are driving and we had to cut through a farm. Let's just say the farmer was shocked to see us come through his back yard. When we asked him how to get to the golf course he just laughed and said "20 miles that way." We eventually made it. We went to the golf course's country club for dinner and ate deer. It was pretty good. They topped it off with strawberries and icecream and then we went back to Frank's for more dessert. We eat at least 5 times a day here. I think I'm going to explode :).

2 comments:

Miss K$ said...

having been to germany last summer for a visit to my forefathers land, i udnerstand a little tiny bit how amazing ti must feel to have roots like this. I am very pleased for you. ITs a good feeling to know where you are from.

The Blind Men and The Elephant said...

I thought you were talking about cousin Frank when you made the he/she comment. I thought, "I'd like to see pictures of that." You guys look like you're having so much fun! I wish I had a motherland to visit- oh wait, I'm already here.