October 27, 2008

Missionaries are funny

I love my job. Usually when I talk about how much I love my job it's because of all the amazing experiences that happen in the MTC. But this time I say I love it because sometimes missionaries say the dumbest things. Here's a conversation that took place last week. (I've included my internal dialog so you can get the full effect).

Elder: (with a grin on his face) So, Hna. Vogeler, are you our teacher's boss?
Me: Ya I am
Internal Dialog: Oh boy. I bet you anything he's about to make some female boss remark.
Elder: (big smirk on his face) Oh really.
Internal Dialog: Do I probe so he can start digging himself into a hole? Ya, that will be fun.
Me: Why are you smiling Elder?
Internal Dialog: This should be good!
Elder: No........I just...............well............some of my friends have had female bosses before and they just...........well.........they had a hard time with it.
Internal Dialog: Look at him squirm
Me: Oh really?
Elder: I mean..........I would be fine with it. I think it's just hard for some people.
Other Elder in the room: Ya. I had a female manager once and I hated it.
Another Elder: Did you even serve a mission?
Internal Dialog: Really? Really. Are these missionaries serious?
Me: Yes Elder. I did.
Silence
Internal Dialog: They are in so deep now that there's no way to get out. I guess I'll let them off easy
Me: Well, keep working hard Elders. Nos vemos.

2 comments:

Miss K$ said...

I love your missionary stories.
they never cease to please me.

Sarah said...

Ahhhhhh!!! Hahaha. Thanks for sharing.