October 15, 2008

I'm going to the DR!

A few posts back, I mentioned that I was itching to get out of the country and was about to buy a plane ticket to the Dominican Republic, but decided I shouldn't go alone. But that didn't mean my desire to get out of Provo was gone. A week or so ago I was talking to my friend Shane and he said he might be going to the DR in November to interpret for a group called IASK (International Aid Serving Kids http://www.iask4kids.org/) It's a group of docs and dentists that go to the DR in the fall and Haiti in the Spring to give primary care to the kids there. So Shane and I found and awesome deal on flights and we're going! I can't wait! I'll keep you posted the trip.

4 comments:

Diane said...

sounds really exciting!! You're amazing, I can't wait to hear about your latest adventure!

xoxo,
Diane

Summer Carlile said...

How fun when do you leave? One of these days I'll travel outside of the country.

Scott and Laura said...

Hey girl! Found your blog and thought I would say hello! This sounds so fun! I am very excited for you!

ebv said...

Next one, go to Brazil and take me with you!