June 23, 2005

Goodbyes

That Wednesday night we had English class and it was my last night there. Elvia brought me a little ceramic dog that she said her husband sent. It was so sweet. I almost wanted to cry. Then when I said goodbye to Sandra and the girls she just kept hugging me and crying. It was like being on a mission again. It's so hard to meet so many amazing people and then have to say goodbye to them. On Thursday morning Eric, Keri, and I went to see Samuel, Elvia, and kids because I wanted to give them a Book of Mormon with my testimony in it. They were so sweet and bought a cake and coke. It always amazes me that the people who have the least are also the most willing to give. When I thanked Samuel for the dog he said that it was small but it was given with all the love that the family had in their hearts. What a special family. I hope that soon they will learn the truth about the gospel. After we left we went up to Xetonox to say goodbye. They had made a beef caldo to share with us. I am also really going to miss that place. They were so wonderful to us and I feel like they gave us more than we gave them. That evening we went to the airport to pick up our friends. It was hard to grasp that 6 weeks was already over. We brought them back to the house and in the morning we went to Guatemala city by bus. It was and adventure getting to the temple but we eventually make it. We were late picking up Joe and Annie and then late getting to Antigua, so we only had time for them to buy some purple jade. The people in the store gave me a free pendant for bringing them all in. It was so sweet of them. We had a pretty classic ride home on the bus and then ate dinner at DeJavu. Saturday morning we headed for Lake Atitlan. We got on the Lake and headed over to Santiago.

No comments: