March 1, 2012

Food for the Poor

Lynda, Paul, and I went out to Food for the Poor Orphanage to finish the Care Giver's School.  We had a fun morning racing through topics to help add a little education to what these fabulous care givers already know.  It was my first time at Food for the Poor and I was very impressed.  The compound is an oasis.  It was so peaceful, bright, colorful, and had a positive feel to it.  The care givers seemed to really love what they do and were happy.  Those that attended our class were attentive and inquisitive. Food for the Poor is dedicated exclusively to children with disabilities.  It's heartbreaking to see.
With Steevenson, our interpreter
The graduating class
They gave us a very yummy meal as thanks

Passing out fleece dolls

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Lady, you are doing amazing things. I feel like a shmuck as I sit here on my couch blogging and watching tv:) Hope you are doing well. Hugs!

April said...

you amaze me! :)