August 10, 2009

I love my job

I absolutely love my job. I really can't complain about any aspect of it. Sometimes I wonder how someone can actually get paid to do what I do. And to make it even better, sometimes I get to have experiences I could only dream of having. One of those experiences happened this week. I was invited to attend a sacrament meeting with all the newly called Mission Presidents and their wives. Also in attendance were many of the Seventy, eleven of the Twelve Apostles (President Packer was ill) and the whole First Presidency. Talk about feeling overwhelmed! As we began to sing the the sacrament hymn, I was truly humbled by the words. Imagine being surrounded by such great men sing the words of the second verse:

As now our minds review the past, we know we must repent; The way to thee is righteousness-the way thy life was spent. Forgiveness is a gift from thee we seek with pure intent. With hands now pledge to do thy work, we take the sacrament.

Can you imagine?! These men and women of God, including the Prophet himself, singing about how they need to repent. It really does put into perspective that the Atonement works the same for everyone whether you are the Prophet or just an average person.

No comments: